What are some LinkedIn strategies to meet new people, network and get a job?
- Optimize your LinkedIn profile.
- Connect with people of the same background.
- Build credibility by interacting with future bosses.
LinkedIn Strategies to Meet New People, Network And Get A Job
The first step is to optimize your LinkedIn profile. Then, make sure to connect with people of the same background as you. Finally, don’t forget to build your credibility through interactions. These are just a few LinkedIn strategies to meet new people, network and get a job. In today’s TIPS, Juan Camilo Reyes shares some actionable advice on how to make the most of your LinkedIn profile.
Build a professional LinkedIn page. This profile will be how you present yourself to the world. Be respectful when you post and be careful of what you share. You can also create blog posts on important issues of the time to show off your skills and your expertise.
Another LinkedIn strategy to meet new people, network and get a job is to connect with people of the same background. Follow people from the same country and culture, same university and same city as yours. If you are living in Sydney, find someone in the city who you have something in common with. Show initiative and invite them for a cup of coffee!
You can also build credibility by interacting with future bosses. Follow them, like their posts and leave comments. Be noticeable. Use LinkedIn as the social channel it is, but always keep things professional.
These are just a few tried and tested strategies to meet new people, network and get a job. We’re rooting for you!
This episode was possible thanks to
Bedssi.com (Accommodation Solutions in Australia)
Follow & Subscribe to “TIPS”
Listen to other episodes full of practical and actionable advice.
Subscribe using your favourite podcast player or find us on any of these:
Click below to follow TIPS on LinkedIn
You will like these other stories…
- Tips for People Who Are Coming Up Second Place When Applying to New Jobs, Career and LinkedIn Content Advisor, Kirsty Bonner – 064
- LinkedIn Strategies to Meet New People, Network And Get A Job, Juan Camilo Reyes – 052
- The Importance of Having An International Study Experience, David Harrison – 030
- Avoiding The Most Common Mistakes People Make When Starting A Business, Natasha Munasinghe – 036
- Advice for People Arriving in Australia with Children, Cesar Munoz – 034