How can we become better at problem-solving?
- Understand the problem.
- Ask questions.
- Zoom out.
- Get feedback.
Advice to Become Better at Problem-solving
There are many ways to become better at problem-solving. That is what we’re learning in today’s episode with Margriet Buseman. First, we need to better understand the problem. We do so by asking questions. Zooming out also helps. Finally, getting feedback can also help you solve your problems better.
Instead of running towards the problem, we must explore the situation first. This way, we can see the things that matter and solve the right problems. To become better at problem-solving, be it customer- or co-worker-related, is asking questions. Communicate with those involved in the problem.
You can also zoom out and empty your mind. Disengaging with the problem by taking a break can actually help solve it. Another way to clear your mind is by talking it out. Involve someone else and see things from their perspective. If you’re new to Australia, you can join many social groups that you can engage with and learn from.
These are just some ways we can become better at problem-solving. We hope you can use these tips whenever you feel stuck. Good luck!
This episode was possible thanks to
Bedssi.com (Accommodation Solutions in Australia)
Follow & Subscribe to “TIPS”
Listen to other episodes full of practical and actionable advice.
Subscribe using your favourite podcast player or find us on any of these:
Click below to follow TIPS on LinkedIn
You will like these other stories…
- Advice to Stop Talking and Start Doing: How to Start Taking Action, Margriet Buseman – 100
- Common Mistakes When Organising An Overseas Study Group Program, University of Minnesota’s Martha Johnson – 069
- Tips on How to Survive Long Flights with Kids, Juan Camilo Reyes – 015
- Tips when planning a sabbatical, Lyndall Farley – 083
- Strategies to Meet Locals And Make New friends Upon Arriving in A New Country, Juan Camilo Reyes – 026