What are the first things to do once you arrive in Australia?
- Prepare a solid plan and execute it.
- Get started on the basics.
- Find a place fast.
First Things to Do Once You Arrive in Australia
Executing your plan, getting started on the basics and finding a place fast are some of the first things to do once you arrive in Australia. In this episode of TIPS, Cesar Munoz shares what he did when he migrated to the Land Down Under.
Before arriving in Australia, it is always necessary to plan. Migration is a huge change and things will be very different from where you came from. Get a feel of where you’re going to live. More importantly, network with groups in your city. Choose the ones that highlight your interests or your place of origin. You can always find a guide from your own culture and background within these groups. You can contact them after arriving in Australia. Just get all the help you can.
Then, make sure to get started on the basics. One of the first things to do once you arrive in Australia is to get the practical stuff set up. Your driver’s license, your healthcare provider–all the necessary documents and subscriptions.
Finally, find a place fast. You may choose to do as Cesar Munoz did and get an AirBnB for a month before settling in your own place. This provides you with a space to relax as you find a permanent residence. What Cesar Munoz did is to interview for residences ASAP. Since he is a newcomer with not much background information, he offered advanced payments of 3 to 6 months to the owners.
Sort out these things to do once you arrive in Australia for a peaceful transition. Good luck!
This episode was possible thanks to
Bedssi.com (Accommodation Solutions in Australia)
Follow & Subscribe to “TIPS”
Listen to other episodes full of practical and actionable advice.
Subscribe using your favourite podcast player or find us on any of these:
Click below to follow TIPS on LinkedIn
You will like these other stories…
- Why Australia and New Zealand are great study destinations for your PhD, Ricardo Sosa – 023
- Biggest misconceptions visitors and students have about Australia, Rebecca Hall – 021
- First Things to Do Once You Arrive in Australia, Cesar Munoz – 047
- Common mistakes English students make before travelling to Australia, Trent McHenry – 006
- Common Mistakes When Organising An Overseas Study Group Program, University of Minnesota’s Martha Johnson – 069