How do I avoid the most common mistakes people make when starting a business?
- Start now.
- Create a small version.
- Get sound advice.
Avoiding The Most Common Mistakes People Make When Starting A Business
Starting now, creating a small version and getting sound advice are some ways to avoid the most common mistakes people make when starting a business. In today’s TIPS, entrepreneur and educator Natasha Munasinghe shares good advice for upcoming small business owners.
The first tip to avoid the most common mistakes people make when starting a business is to start now. Don’t overthink the decision. This may lead to analysis paralysis, which will only increase your anxiety.
To try things out, create the smallest version of what it is you want to create. Get your vision out of your head and out onto the real world. Ask for feedback from a few close friends, see changes what need to be made, and proceed from there. It’s all about taking action and executing the idea.
Finally, the last advice to avoid the common mistakes people make when starting a business is to actually get sound advice. This means asking the right questions. Look for advice on how to move towards your dream, not if you should or shouldn’t do it. Also, don’t ask permission. Ask about the tools, and drive the why.
Do you want to live in Australia and have your own business? We hope our tips on avoiding common mistakes people make when starting a business help you build your dreams!
This episode was possible thanks to
Bedssi.com (Accommodation Solutions in Australia)
Follow & Subscribe to “TIPS”
Listen to other episodes full of practical and actionable advice.
Subscribe using your favourite podcast player or find us on any of these:
Click below to follow TIPS on LinkedIn
You will like these other stories…
- Mistakes Jobseekers Are Making in Their Interviews, Career and LinkedIn Content Advisor, Kirsty Bonner – 027
- Top Tips When Starting A Joint Program with Overseas Universities, Priscila Trevisan of Swinburne University – 092
- Biggest misconceptions visitors and students have about Australia, Rebecca Hall – 021
- Tips for Students Who Want to Get A PhD, Professor Ricardo Sosa – 056
- How to Use Keywords in Your Resume and LinkedIn Profile, Ira Bowman – 055