What’s some advice for people arriving in Australia with children?
- Understand the environment you are moving to.
- Understand your children’s interests.
- Understand your children’s physical and psychological health.
- Understanding the norms, laws and customs for children.
Advice for people arriving in Australia with children
Understanding the environment, your children’s interests and health, and the local customs. All of these are necessary for those people arriving in Australia with children. For today’s TIPS, Cesar Munoz shares what he has learned from arriving and living in Australia with kids.
The first thing to take into account is the environment. Which neighbourhood will you be settling in? Are you choosing a house and a school that’s near the city centre or not? The answers will depend on your priorities and personal values.
Another advice for arriving in Australia with children is to consider your children interests. The Australian education system gives equal emphasis on academics and extracurriculars. In school, there are classes for both cooking and business, woodcraft and robotics. There are also plenty of free hours in the afternoon for school-age kids to explore their hobbies.
Moving to a different country requires a huge adjustment from everybody, you need to consider your children’s physical and psychological health. Even before migrating to Australia, your time and patience to help them through the move are necessary.
Finally, understanding the norms, laws and customs for children in Australia is also crucial. There are some do’s and don’ts here that may be different or non-existent in your country of origin. Be mindful of these customs. Allow yourself some time to adjust to them as well.
Australia is a wonderful city for kids to grow up in. The outdoors, exciting activities and quality of life in Australia, are great for families. Children can be free to learn and thrive here. We hope our advice for arriving in Australia with children becomes useful for your journey!
This episode was possible thanks to
Bedssi.com (Accommodation Solutions in Australia)
Follow & Subscribe to “TIPS”
Listen to other episodes full of practical and actionable advice.
Subscribe using your favourite podcast player or find us on any of these:
Click below to follow TIPS on LinkedIn
You will like these other stories…
- Common Mistakes When Organising An Overseas Study Group Program, University of Minnesota’s Martha Johnson – 069
- Top benefits of studying English in Australia, Phillip Fredericks – 016
- The importance of asking questions, The Business Scientist, Lauren Kress – 078
- Common mistakes English students make before travelling to Australia, Trent McHenry – 006
- Best Way For Couples Or Families To Rent An Entire Property In Australia, Dan Alexander – 010