What are the top qualities and traits of good leaders?
- Good leaders see their people.
- Good leaders encourage others to grow.
- Good people reflect on their skills.
Top Qualities and Traits of Good Leaders
There are many things that make a good leader. For Fresh Habits’ Sophie den Hartog, there are several things that stand out. Good leaders see their people, encourage them to grow, and reflect on their own skills. In today’s TIPS, Sophie den Hartog talks about the top qualities and traits of good leaders.
Good leaders see their people. This means giving employees attention. It can be through the form of a compliment or constructive feedback. Taking the time to speak to your people over coffee, over even on the phone, makes a huge difference. Good leaders acknowledge others and listen to them. Communication is key. It takes some time to break through the awkwardness, but it will be worth it.
Another top quality and trait of good leaders is encouraging people to grow. If you are a good leader, you do not feel threatened by your employees. You want to hone them and allow them to surpass your achievements. There are many work opportunities for those immigrating to Australia that will give room for growth.
A good leader also reflects on their skills. Introspection is an effective tool for leaders to grow. At least once a year, leaders must check on their skills and achievements, even their mistakes. This is how they grow. Creating space in one’s calendar at least once a year can do wonders.
Those are just a few top qualities and traits of good leaders. Enhancing these can upgrade a company’s culture and create a leader that people love and respect. Thanks for reading!
This episode was possible thanks to
Bedssi.com (Accommodation Solutions in Australia)
Follow & Subscribe to “TIPS”
Listen to other episodes full of practical and actionable advice.
Subscribe using your favourite podcast player or find us on any of these:
Click below to follow TIPS on LinkedIn
You will like these other stories…
- How to Trust Your Gut Feeling and When to Follow It, The Business Scientist, Lauren Kress – 072
- Steps to Move A Business Idea Forward, Natasha Munasinghe – 042
- Facing Challenges, Fear and Making Decisions, World Champion Free Diver Anna von Boetticher – 040
- What Do You Like Most about Living in Sydney, Nicolas Duran – 093
- Mistakes Jobseekers Make When Applying for New Jobs, Career and LinkedIn Content Advisor, Kirsty Bonner – 024