What are some tips and advice for staff, researcher and academic when they are being transferred overseas?
- Sorting taxes in both countries
- Taking care of banking and payments
- Finding initial temporary housing
- Finding permanent accommodation
- Looking at details of the contract
- Decide what to do with your furniture
Tips For Staff, Researchers Or Academics That Are Being Transferred Overseas.
Going minimalist and sorting out their taxes are the top 2 things a staff member, researcher or academic need to know when they are being transferred overseas. In this episode of TIPS, Guie Hartney discusses why taxes and being practical are crucial to your successful transfer.
First of, you need to figure out which options work best for your from a tax perspective. Does directing income to your home company’s account benefit you more? Should you move all finances to an account in your new host country? The rules applying to your contract may also change based on which country handles them.
As for practical advice for staff, researcher or academic transferring overseas, don’t over-pack. Bring as little as you can when you move to Australia. There are plenty of secondhand shopping options in Australia that would cost cheaper and are more convenient. Add the simplicity of your daily commute to the accommodation you will rent in Australia. Find a place accessible to public transportation to keep your daily commute easy and cheap.
These are just a few things to keep on the top of your list as you transfer to Australia.
Hope you found these tips for staff, researchers or academics that are being transferred overseas useful.
Check out our other episodes and learn more great tips from the experts!
This episode was possible thanks to
Bedssi.com (Accommodation Solutions in Australia)
Follow & Subscribe to “TIPS”
Listen to other episodes full of practical and actionable advice.
Subscribe using your favourite podcast player or find us on any of these:
Click below to follow TIPS on LinkedIn
You will like these other stories…
- Tips on How to Survive Long Flights with Kids, Juan Camilo Reyes – 015
- Steps to Move A Business Idea Forward, Natasha Munasinghe – 042
- Key Elements for Building A Strong Personal Brand, Lauren Kress – 063
- The importance of asking questions, The Business Scientist, Lauren Kress – 078
- Top Qualities and Traits of Good Leaders, Sophie den Hartog – 071