What’s the biggest mistake English students make before coming and arriving to Australia?
- Lack of preparation
- People don’t do enough research
- Don’t search on government websites
- Not taking advantage of opportunities
- Not applying to opportunities before arriving
- Not managing expectations
- Not asking questions
- Not practising English before arriving to Australia.
Common mistakes English students make before travelling to Australia.
Lack of preparation is the biggest mistake English students make before coming and arriving to Australia. In today’s TIPS, Trent McHenry of Browns English Language School breaks down the things you need to prepare as an international student coming to Australia.
Trent points out that there is plenty of available information online provided by the Aussie government for international students. The biggest mistake English students can make before coming to Australia is not taking advantage of the opportunities readily available for them even before arriving in Australia.
Doing your research provides a realistic understanding of Australia and allows you to manage your expectations. English Students arriving in Australia also need to get connected. There are plenty of people who provide good advice, tips and inside info that you only get through asking questions.
Finally, another big mistake English students make before coming and arriving to Australia is not practising their English before moving to OZ. Students shouldn’t stop learning and need to keep up to get ahead.
Preparation is key! Get all your info ready and keep on studying before making your big move to Australia.
Hope this helps you avoid the most common mistakes English students make before travelling to Australia.
This episode was possible thanks to
Bedssi.com (Accommodation Solutions in Australia)
Follow & Subscribe to “TIPS”
Listen to other episodes full of practical and actionable advice.
Subscribe using your favourite podcast player or find us on any of these:
Click below to follow TIPS on LinkedIn
You will like these other stories…
- Costos De La Visa De Estudiante Y Costos Generales Para Estudiar En Australia, Ricardo Medina – 020
- Strategies to Make Decisions for Entrepreneurs, Business Coach, Julian White – 065
- Tips to Organise A Customised Study Abroad Group, University of Minnesota’s Martha Johnson – 066
- Tips for People Migrating to Australia, Shannon Semenikow – 033
- Tips For Couples or Families Migrating To Australia, Shannon Semenikow – 004