What is the biggest challenge of travelling to a country with a different language?
The Biggest Challenge of Travelling to A Country with A Different Language
Communication and integration are two of the biggest challenges those travelling to a country with a different language often worry about. In Nicolas Duran’s experience, he was able to overcome these challenges quite easily upon moving to Australia.
Aussies have their own jargon, accent and manner of speaking, like any other nation. A big challenge of travelling to a country with a different language is getting used to these things. At first, this could be intimidating for someone who doesn’t use English as a first language. However, with enough practice and socialization, things can change for the better.
Integrating your own culture into the Australian lifestyle is also pretty easy. As a multicultural country, Australians are very welcoming. They are very interested in the history and geography of other nations. In Nicolas Duran’s experience, people knew little about Latin America and considered his background quite intriguing.
The only way to overcome these challenges when travelling to a country with a different language is to practice. Do not be afraid or intimidated, especially when you’re moving to Australia. This cultural melting pot is the perfect place to hone those English skills!
Good luck and safe travels!
This episode was possible thanks to
Bedssi.com (Accommodation Solutions in Australia)
Follow & Subscribe to “TIPS”
Listen to other episodes full of practical and actionable advice.
Subscribe using your favourite podcast player or find us on any of these:
Click below to follow TIPS on LinkedIn
You will like these other stories…
- Common Mistakes When Organising An Overseas Study Group Program, University of Minnesota’s Martha Johnson – 069
- Best Practices to Successfully Implement Change, Sophie den Hartog – 077
- Mistakes Jobseekers Are Making in Their Interviews, Career and LinkedIn Content Advisor, Kirsty Bonner – 027
- Things to consider when students rent a house or apartment in Australia, Dan Alexander – 014
- How to Promote Yourself, Start Getting Noticed And Build A Strong Personal Brand, Lauren Kress – 068