When is the best time for students to look for accommodation when coming to Australia?
- 6 months ahead of your arrival, do your research and find accommodation options.
- Consider the Terms and Conditions of each potential room or home.
- Take a tour of your potential accommodation.
- For families and groups, ask help from your respective institutions for pre-screened accommodations.
The best time for students to look for accommodation when coming to Australia
Preparation is key when it comes to finding the perfect home in a new city. Always do your research and don’t delay the process of looking for accommodation when moving to Australia. In this episode of TIPS, Sally Picot and Steve Diack of SCAPE share their knowledge to students moving to Australia.
Finding a place to stay as early as 6 months before your move is crucial. As soon as you’re sure you are moving, find accommodation in Australia that fits your needs and your budget. There are plenty of accommodation options in every city, all depending on your length of stay and your preferences.
When finding student accommodation, be sure to check the property’s Terms and Conditions. Consider asking questions like “Can I get a full refund in case of emergencies or last-minute changes?” Be sure to read through all the information so you won’t be caught off guard and left clueless after you’ve signed an agreement.
If photos are not enough and you need something more convincing and reliable, maybe you can ask a friend in Australia to visit the property on your behalf. Accommodation options also allow virtual tours of their rooms. As a student looking for accommodation when coming to Australia, you can schedule a video tour as soon as you’re interested in a room.
For students looking for accommodation when coming to Australia who are travelling in groups or with their families, you can ask your school or office for pre-screened properties that fit your needs.
This episode was possible thanks to
Bedssi.com (Accommodation Solutions in Australia)
Follow & Subscribe to “TIPS”
Listen to other episodes full of practical and actionable advice.
Subscribe using your favourite podcast player or find us on any of these:
Click below to follow TIPS on LinkedIn
You will like these other stories…
- Top things visitors should do when coming to Sydney, Dimitri Makris – 001
- Steps to Move A Business Idea Forward, Natasha Munasinghe – 042
- LinkedIn Strategies to Meet New People, Network And Get A Job, Juan Camilo Reyes – 052
- Tips for International Students Starting A Business in Australia, Natasha Munasinghe – 038
- Tips on Using LinkedIn to Find A Job, Ira Bowman – 075