How do I trust your gut feeling and when do I follow it?
- Trusting your gut feeling takes practice.
- Be careful of stereotypes.
- Make informed decisions based on your intuition.
How to Trust Your Gut Feeling and When to Follow It
Trusting your gut feeling takes practice. You should be careful of stereotypes. It’s always best to make informed decisions based on your intuition. Wondering how to trust your gut feeling and when to follow it? Those 3 things are great ways to start. In today’s TIPS, Lauren Kress shares the science behind our gut feeling and how to use it.
Trusting your gut, and therefore acquiring better decision-making skills, takes practice. This is because the more we learn, the more data the brain has to work with. Our intuition actually picks up and stores information. These data are not accessible to the cognitive brain until our intuition suddenly fires up and nudges us forward. So, get used to taking risks and making choices. Your intuition will be better for it.
However, be careful of stereotypes. Be mindful of those instinctive judgements that you have learned and acquired. Just because one thing appears to be familiar or sparks something in our gut, this doesn’t mean that we got things 100% right. Our brains have plenty of narrow and shallow judgements. Stay wary of those. For example, many people moving to Australia may already have a stereotype in their minds about Aussies. It’s best to keep an open mind and learn about the culture and its people without the stereotypes.
Therefore, you can learn how to trust your gut feeling and when to follow it by taking your time. Be mindful of your initial reactions. Treat your intuition as another source of information. It is giving you something to consider or think about. By taking a step back, you can make an informed decision based on your gut.
These are just a few techniques on how to trust your gut feeling and when to follow it. Never stop learning, keep chasing your dreams, follow your heart–and your gut!
This episode was possible thanks to
Bedssi.com (Accommodation Solutions in Australia)
Follow & Subscribe to “TIPS”
Listen to other episodes full of practical and actionable advice.
Subscribe using your favourite podcast player or find us on any of these:
Click below to follow TIPS on LinkedIn
You will like these other stories…
- Mistakes Jobseekers Are Making in Their Interviews, Career and LinkedIn Content Advisor, Kirsty Bonner – 027
- Common Mistakes People Make When Looking for Student Accommodation in Australia, Sally Picot and Steve Diack – 022
- Strategies to have a positive mindset, and maximise your time in a new country, Juan Camilo Reyes – 018
- Best Way For Couples Or Families To Rent An Entire Property In Australia, Dan Alexander – 010
- Facing Challenges, Fear and Making Decisions, World Champion Free Diver Anna von Boetticher – 040